Sunday, November 26, 2006

Is it even sunrise yet?!?!?!?

Why am I awake so early on a Sunday?!?! Probably too many vodka redbulls last night so am still buzzing!
I'm FINALLY getting out and about in Sydney and meeting new people. It's hard - I'm such a social person and my fiance isn't. He's happy to be at home where I love to be out doing things all the time!

I met some new people through a website called 'meetup' - yes it's embarassing but when you hardly know anyone in a big city you need to take extreme measures!! My friend at work told me about it as she recently has been through a breakup. So on Wed night we went to a bar in town and tonight is Salsa dancing here. Looking forward to it. Last night went to a friend's party which was pretty good.

Having done a bit of deep thinking lately, after being in tears every night cos
I just don't feel like I'm coping at all over here (which is weird, I can live in England no problems, which is a lot further away from my family) I've also come to the realisation that I need to make an effort also to get on the phone to people and organise things. I'm always thinking though that people don't want to hear from me or don't want to catch up with me.... crazy! The amount of friends i have back home and the amount of people that tell me I'm a lovely, kind person - I really just lack the confidence sometimes.

Oh god look at my dribble - I'm writing like I've been doing some big fat lines!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

LOL!

i'm born and bred in Sydney and feel the same way sometimes.

we've just moved and as soon as I find the hosue under all the boxes i'll be having regular but very casual BBQs over the summer.

I'll let you know and PLEASE don't be too shy to come!

Sarah

Fri Dec 01, 12:35:00 PM GMT+11  
Blogger Em said...

oh Sarah I just read this message - so sorry! you are so lovely! I'd defintiely be up for a BBQ.

Fri Jan 12, 04:27:00 PM GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home