Monday, October 23, 2006

Gordo does lunch

I was lucky today to take my lovely fiance, as a surprise, to the Gordon Ramsay lunch. Unfortunately I had the hangover from hell, after spending all day yesterday drinking at the Exchange and the London in Balmain with a great friend of mine. Still, a quick champagne to fix the hangover and I knew I'd be right!

My fiance is obsessed with him, has all his cookbooks and even acts like him in the kitchen!!! I am not much of a cook but am a big foodie and love any good food.

The meal was suprub, lamb and lemon tart - who can go wrong! Great value hearing Gordon Ramsay in person

I was overwhelmed when Gordon jokingly asked if he wanted to do our wedding for us, when I was having his autobiography signed! Charming man, but a total flirt!

Might have to check out his Dubai restaurant in December as well as Royal Hospital Road in London on our honeymoon.

Great day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Wasn't it great?!?!?! A definite highlight of the year.

He's at DJs at lunch today, you should try and pop over, I can't, alas :-(

Tue Oct 24, 09:26:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

yeah it was good!

i just realised you're really the only person who comments on my blog! haha! I can't be bothered promoting my blog. Too much time and effort

Tue Oct 24, 05:09:00 PM GMT+10  
Blogger Jules said...

Julia and I were drooling over the menu at Verre in Dubai a week or two back. To die for!! although rather expensive too (to be expected, I guess)

Let me know if you do want to visit it when you are in Dubai in December, since I will happily tag along with you.

Tue Oct 24, 05:26:00 PM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

thanks Jules - I'll see how the budget it.... Ben and I are going to go to Royal Hospital Road in London next May or if we can't get in there, to claridges.

so looking forward to Dubai!

Wed Oct 25, 08:38:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Julia said...

Oh I have always wanted to go to the restaurant at Claridges! Book now!

Love your blog!

Wed Oct 25, 11:57:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

jules - can only book exactly 2 months in advance.

My friends tried to book hospital road (which is his creme de la creme, (3 michelin stars) and were 1 day out of the 2 months and it was already booked... scary stuff!

Wed Oct 25, 12:03:00 PM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home