Friday, October 20, 2006

When in Rome


(picture borrowed from here)


I’m currently reading When In Rome by Penelope Green. After the first few pages I rolled my eyes and thought ‘oh god another story about a Sydney PR exec/journo who has left her glossy PR firm and packed everything up for her *hard slog* of a life in Rome. BUT after a few chapters, I felt like I was drinking coffees with her at breakfast, smoking cigarettes by the colleseum, eating fresh pasta with a bottle of vino in a ‘no tourist’ café down a paved, narrow backstreet. It is a lovely story. It is very easy to read when Italian is probably your favourite cuisine and you own 3 espresso stove top makers!!!! AND use them all so regularly.

It’s been 7 years since I trevelled in Italy and less than 6 months until I go back for more. Back to Rome for 3 short glorious days and then down to Positano for a week of indulgence.

Pictures from Roma (not my own) dreaming of coffee....



3 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Rome is stunning, and so romantic...

So the book isn't a wank? If not then I should pick it up.

Tue Oct 24, 09:24:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

yeah it's ok, once you get over the 'hard slog' she has in the 1st few chapters (you know, staying with relatives in San Gimignano must be sooo tough!!!)

Tue Oct 24, 05:11:00 PM GMT+10  
Blogger Cooks said...

We were in Rome last year for the first time and I absolutely loved it!! Still wear the leather boots I bought there with fond memories of that trip. Have a fantastic time there!

Mon Nov 13, 01:18:00 AM GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home