Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A wonderful romance

Tomorrow is my 4 year anniversary with my sweet heart. It has been the most amazing, wonderful, fantastic experience.

Gone from severely underweight, chainsmoking, coke snorting party girl with hair falling out to serene, healthy happy Em. It's amazing what a stable influence can do.

Looking back I see laughter. Travelling through Thailand, drinking cocktails at dusk, mesmerised by the sunset and warmth. Trekking in Tasmania, on the overland track, experiencing a snowstorm the day after Christmas. Sipping plenty of wine in Margaret River in Western Australia. Moving from Adelaide to Syndney and continuing on this adventure together, us. Maybe China next, maybe back to London, maybe Brisbane, maybe Dubai. It doesn't matter. As long as we are together.

He hasn't changed who I am, strong, independent, friendly and direct. He has influenced me to make better choices in life. Focus on things that are good for me. Competing in fun runs, cooking up a storm, doing french classes, learning to dance jazz, studying again, doing well at my career, making me realise that simple things in life are more important than material things and in the end this is what counts and what we leave the earth with, Love, memories, happiness, generosity.

To celebrate I was going to book into a fabulous restaruarnt. But have decided instead to take him to the Night Noodle Markets in Sydney followed by a bottle of Moet given to us on our engagement.

In 6 months time and 2 days after our 4 year anniversary of getting together, I will be floating down the isle in a stunning cream pleated gown. Eating at the Bridgewater Mill in the charming Adelaide Hills at autumn (this fabulous spot did get a mention in the Sydney good food guide, 06)

Then 5 weeks honeymooning in Hong Kong, Rome, Positano, Paris, London and Koh Samui.

Love, romance, commitment to someone for life. I could not ask for anything else.

Photo of us (not the best one.... but us. My hair is way too dark!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Mabs said...

Congratulations to a gorgeous couple :)

I found that blog btw - http://newlyweddramaqueen.blogspot.com/

Thu Oct 12, 03:08:00 PM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

oh thanks Mabs!

Have been thinking about you - see it is very hot in Hobart at the moment! must be lovely

Thu Oct 12, 04:34:00 PM GMT+10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet post, thank you for sharing!

Fri Oct 13, 01:54:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

thanks chimera!

Mon Oct 16, 01:58:00 PM GMT+10  
Blogger Julia said...

Oh I am all weepy here!

Happy anniversary babes - you guys are one of my favourite couples :-)

Thu Oct 19, 08:49:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

thanks Jules - you are very sweet!!!

Fri Oct 20, 10:24:00 AM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home