Monday, March 10, 2008

I wish

10 years ago, I was 22, soon to be 23. I was working as a Sales Manager, straight out of university. Dad took me to see an apartment that he thought I should buy. It's in a very fashionable part of Adelaide. It was only $60 000. We spoke over coffee after viewing the property. Dad offered to lend me the deposit. I wanted to travel, there was no ifs of buts, that's what I wanted to do.

Present time, now 2008. This same apartment has just sold for $300 000. Do I wish I'd bought it 10 years ago? Yes. Would have it changed my life? Yes. Would I have still had the same travel experiences? No. I probably wouldn't have got to travel as much, things may have been delayed. I might not have met my husband. Everything does happen for a reason.... I think!

So now huband and I are looking to buy a house, we will be spending up to $700 000, we won't have a $300 000 deposit!!!!

If I'm ever given that same opportunity that I was given 10 years ago, of course I won't let it slip by. Still, travel and life experience is worth more than bricks and mortar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home