Tuesday, February 07, 2006

fab gift

My lovely lovely partner bought me a Janome Sewing Machine on Sunday. I'm sooooooo excited!!! I haven't sewed for years so my good friend Kate and I are going to get lessons. I decided when I found this divine short sleeved belted shirt (very 50s, Audrey Hepburn style) for $160 that I could learn and make something like this myself. So I decided I wanted a sewing machine. I have a partner who does spoil me rotton. I never asks for gifts but he gives me them. He finds it hard to express his love in other ways but loves to spoil me. I never grew up a spoilt child at all and have been working since I was 15.... but my partner does spoil me!!!! I should not complain!

Anyway I'm looking forward to making myself some origional dresses and shirts and skirts. I really hope it works out!!! What's been your favorite gift of late?? (anyone who happens to stumble across my blog)

My machine

4 Comments:

Blogger Y said...

My favorite one lately was a Xmas gift from my Cuz/roomie. She gave me a beautiful deep purple amethyst ring set in gold. It's not my favorite because it's so beautiful, though. It's my favorite because it was hers; she gave it to me because I liked it and she couldn't afford to buy me anything else. So I love it even more now. I'm actually wearing it today!

Have fun on your holiday!

Thu Feb 09, 07:19:00 AM GMT+11  
Blogger Em said...

oh that sounds lovely. I want that ring!!! Sounds great.

I must stop by your blog soon!

Thu Feb 09, 10:15:00 AM GMT+11  
Blogger Julia said...

What a darling - I'm so happy for you :-)

Can't wait to see your creations! I'm sure you'll be hugely talented!

Tue Feb 14, 01:42:00 PM GMT+11  
Blogger Em said...

thanks Julia! I bought my 1st vogue pattern yesterday.... very 60s style long sleeve fitted dress. I'm taking sewing classes soon - I'm sure my creations will be, um, different?!?!

Mon Feb 20, 11:29:00 AM GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home