Monday, January 23, 2006

A sun-tastic time in Melbourne

Mum and I just had the most fabulous time in Melbourne! Although I thought by going to Melbourne I'd be escaping the 40C+ (104F+) heatwave that we'd been having in Adelaide! I was so wrong!!!! Saturday at the tennis it was 40 and yesterday it was 42................... and flew back to Adelaide last night and all my lovely herbs (the Italian Parsley and Mint especially) had perished because Adelaide still had the 40 degree temps all weekend.

Anyway spent half a day on Saturday at the tennis and then relaxed all afternoon back in the hotel. (The hotel was a fab Art Deco, 1920s style - the Vibe Hotel. Worth staying). Sunday I went to a fab spot for breakfast called the Green Grocer in Nth Fitzroy with a friend of mine then spent the afternoon shopping down Collins and Little Collins Street. Mum and I later went to the National Gallery of Victoriaand spent a couple of hours there - taking in the Tate Modern exhibition 'British Art from the 60s' (pic below ngv website.)



Melbourne is now my 2nd favorite city, behind Adelaide of course! Everytime I go there I discover a new area. From the bohemian feel of St Kilda to the grungy streets of Brunswick to the cool/hip bars of the CBD. I really love it.

Unfortunately I did not get a chance to go to J'Aton Couture. I will be flying back there soon to visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home