Monday, November 28, 2005

Fake Tan Faux Pas

Friday morning I woke up early. I decided I wanted to be brown. After recommendations from my good friend Kate, I bought Loreal Sublime tanning gel.

7am - after my shower fake tanned my bod and face
9am - sitting at work with skirt suit on, skirt show legs
10am - I look at my legs 'God I'm looking hot' I think. 'Brown, toned sexy legs - yep I'm looking good'
11am - arrive at Doctor's and hop out my car. I gasp for air! 'Holy Fuck what have I done???' 'I look like a tiger!!!! Huge stripey legs' How embarassing!!!!!

Try to hide the rest of the day behind my desk.

6pm - get home, canel ALL plans for the evening. It is a hot and balmy night. I'm striped all over. Put on black stretchy, very un-hip pants on.
7pm - My good friend Miss M decides to come over with a couple of bottles of bubbly. We make a cheese platter. We chain smoke Marlboro Lights. Miss M asks 'What has happened to your feet??' 'Oh my god' I think to myself, I have my flip flops/thongs on and didn't notice my stripey feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spent the rest of the weekend loofah-ing and scrubbing - hiding behind baggy pants and tops that cover every inch of my body!

Thankk god my face wasn't stripey!

Anyone else had a Fake Tan Faux Pas?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Well my house mate currently has bright orange skin but have to say your stripes would win! I suppose you might get away with saying it's the tiger look or something... Thanks anyway revealing a crappy product to avoid!

Mon Nov 28, 03:55:00 PM GMT+11  
Blogger Em said...

oh it's actually meant to be really good product I just had no idea how to apply (have not used fake tan since I was about 15!!)
bright orange skin is funny too!

Mon Nov 28, 04:02:00 PM GMT+11  
Blogger Julia said...

Use to happen to me when I would just slap it on in my lazy mood. You do have to take a bit of time and carefully apply it.

The best thing is to hop out of the shower, slather on moisturiser and while your skin is still damp apply the fake tan and really rub it in. Spend time going over and over, and pay attention to the little creases around your ankles/knees/elbows/shoulders (and make sure you do the flabby bit under your arms, it's easy to miss!). Don't go OTT, just one thin layer a day and it will build up nicely!

Tue Nov 29, 10:12:00 AM GMT+11  
Blogger Em said...

lauren - yes I've since learnt PREPARATION Something I've never ever been very good at!!!

Julia - I ended up following a good tip from a friend and the net, lather in baby oil, wait 30mins and then exfoliate. Worked wonders!

Tue Nov 29, 06:11:00 PM GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home