Monday, November 07, 2005

This recipe is better than sex... (well, nearly..)

Ok I'm about to share my FAVORITE all time dessert recipe. This is really really hard for me to share this BUT I just have too! It's from Gordon Ramsay's book, 'Makes it Easy' pictured below. From Amazon.com. . Even though I do think Gordo can be a bit of a toss bag, I have all his books. His cooking is DIVINE. If you love rich, decadent, calorie-laden food. The fondant has the most delicious liquid centre - don't overcook!



Hot Chocolate Fondant
Serves 2

50g unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
2 tsp cocoa powder, to dust
50g good-quality bitter chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids), in pieces
1 free-range egg
1 free-range yolk
60g caster sugar
50g plain flour

ok here we go.............
Heat the oven to 160C/Gas 3. Butter two large ramekins, about 7.5cm in diameter, then dust liberally with cocoal

Slowly melt the chocolate and butter in a small bowl set over a pan of hot water, then take off the hear and stir until smooth. Leave to cool for 10 minutes

Using an electric whisk, whisk the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar together until pale and thick, then incorporate the chocolate mixture

Sift the flour over the mixture and gently fold in, using a large metal spoon. Divide between the ramekins and bake for 12 minutes

Turn the chocolate fondants out onto warmed plates and serve immediately

YUMBO - a couple of tips from me (I've cooked this about 5 times now) Use Lindt chocolate for this recipe or some other divine chocolate - don't overcook, undercook. Otherwise the centre goes hard.
Serve with icecream and raspberry sauce (made from raspberries and caster sugar heated)

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Thank you for sharing - I'll defo be making it. I love a fondant but yes, the key is timing!

Tue Nov 08, 04:13:00 PM GMT+11  
Blogger Em said...

oh it's delicious!

you will love it

Thu Nov 10, 11:43:00 AM GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home