Monday, October 24, 2005

One weekend in Paris.........

My bestest friend, Catherine is currently living in London with her hubby. They are having a fabulous time, Dublin one weekend, Edinburgh the next and last weekend for Catherine's 29th birthday it was Paris.

C&A were engaged in Paris in 2001. Married in 2003 at the gorgeous D'Arenberg Vineyard in McLaren Vale.

When I arrived at work this morning Catherine had emailed me about their weekend In Paris. I'm going to share a couple of paragraphs from the email. I soooo wished I was back there....... I have to say, to set the scene, it was blue skies and 23C

"That night we had a seven course degustation dinner (plus hors doevres to start with and petite fours to end). It was pretty pricey but really good value and the food was beautiful. We had foie gras, snails, wild pigeon, swordfish, cheese anthree different desserts on a platter including profiteroles and a baked fig with cheese ice-cream. The restaurant was really gorgeous, it was on George 5th Avenue, just off the Champs Elysee. It was decorated with patterned art deco wall paper, chandeliers, little butterflies attached everywhere and pink and blue crockery."

"Saturday we walked for hours starting in St Germain, then past Notre Dame, and through Ille de St Louis and past the Louvre. We sat in the Tuilleries gardens in the sun for a while then continued up the Champs Elysee where we climbed to the top of the Arc de Triomphe. The view from up there is spectacular! We then caught a train to Montemartre and had an icecream and watched dusk settle in on the City from the steps in front of Sacre Coer. Saturday night we had dinner in a cool little restaurant in the Latin Quarter and then a cocktail at a student bar which was great. Sunday we had coffee by the Place de Bastille and stumbled across a bustling Frech market so had a wander through there which was great, got to see what life is like for the Parisians."

How divine??!! That is so it, my b/f and I are definitely going to work in Europe (again) in 2007, after we buy a house! I thought my weekends were fabulous here....... not as fabulous as that!

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

This is why I spent 3 weeks in Paris out of 4 months in Europe. I love to do just what she describes, and you and your lovely boy will just adore it!

Wed Oct 26, 01:24:00 PM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

yes I'd love to spend 3 weeks in Paris! If we do go back I might spend a month doing an intensive french course I think. i find it very hard to remember and learn when I'm not constantly around the language

Thu Oct 27, 09:13:00 PM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home