Monday, February 06, 2006

good days and bad days

Today has been a really really really crappy day! I resigned from my job today. I was approached by another company to join them and accepted. Boss is not happy at all and I'll be finishing on Thursday which means I'll have all of next week off. Think I might head to Darwin to vist my lovely boyfriend and some friends.

I really don't like days like this!

On a MUCH happier note - I had the most lovely weekend. My partner was back for the weekend so we spent Saturday house hunting for houses to buy and a leisurely breakfast at the Adelaide Markets. That eveing we took up some delicious Chinese Food to my parents and had a feast.

Yesterday we went to my all time favorite restuarnt and cellar door. The Bridgewater Mill. It was soooooo divine. We sat out on the deck next to the huge water mill - set high in the hills - on a glorious 30 degree day. I ate the following delicious meal:
Entree:
Grilled Kangaroo Island Marron with crustacean mousseline, shellfish essence, truffle cream and salted duck egg

Main:
Rack of Mayland's lamb with herb and almond crusted leg, eggplant caviar and tarragon glaze

Dessert
Coconut rice pudding with mango panna cotta
and palm sugar

Drunk delicious 2003 Croser Sparkling white
2004 Bridgewater Mill Viognier (flat white)
2004 Petaluma Shiraz
and 1999 Petaluma Botrytis Essence Semillon

I was pretty tipsy by the end of it but very satisfied!



Picture of the Mill and picture of the outside restuarant - gorgeous - hey?


2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Congrats on the new job! On to bigger and better things, hopefully.

Tue Feb 07, 10:44:00 AM GMT+11  
Blogger Em said...

thanmks Jules - I'm having 2nd thoughts now of course...... don't know if I'm doing the right thing!! oh well....

hope all is well with you

Tue Feb 07, 11:31:00 AM GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home