Thursday, January 26, 2006

relaxation




I love having a day off. Holiday here today in Australia. For celebrating the time when white people landed in Oz. (Where is the holiday celebrating 40 000 years of settlement in Australia before this time?? Anyway won't go into that!) At least it is also a day that welcomes 'new' Australians, awarding citizenship.

Anyway I had no plans for today. Unually I'd be at Adelaide Oval watching the one day cricket but my partner is away working in NT so thought I'd use the day to relax.

Woke up early and went to the gym, did weights and cardio
Came home and tidied up.
Connected my ipod through my stereo and danced away to Armand Van Helden, Groove Armada and Faithless (the ipod is the greatest thing ever! I never saw the point of them until I was given one at Xmas)
Watched An Affair to Remember

Am looking forward to tomorrow. Off to Port Elliot (about 2 hours south of Adelaide on the coast) with a fab friend of mine for 3 nights. We are meeting at the gourmet Adelaide Markets (see pics below) to stock up on cheeses, BBQ meat, wine and other goodies. Then we are staying at a beach shack and just relaxing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Stephen said...

I heard about a debate in Australia to remove the Union Jack from the flag and replace it with the colours of the aboriginal flag, to sort of combine the two peoples' flags. Any truth to that?

In Canada, we got rid of the British flag back in the 60s, and came up with a unique design.

Thu Jan 26, 07:18:00 PM GMT+11  
Blogger Em said...

yes that debate has been happening for years and years. If we ever become a republic then I'm sure that will happen. While we are still under the monarchy I doubt it will...

I love the Canadidan flag - it's fantastic. And Canada is still under the monarchy...

Thu Jan 26, 07:21:00 PM GMT+11  
Blogger Stephen said...

Yeah, there's no republican movement here at all. Maybe if Australia succeeds, people here will take notice.

Thu Jan 26, 09:27:00 PM GMT+11  

Post a Comment

<< Home