Friday, September 23, 2005

De la Soul/Tribe Called Quest/Jungle Brothers

ok I was around 15 - 16 at the time but all these Hip Hop legends I was and still am taken by. I still listen to my vinyl records by the trio. Q Tip - you rock my world!!!

I was lucky enough to see De la Soul a few times in London. (pic below)



The quote below is from 'A Tribe Called Quest', from the track 'Check the Rhyme'. I especially love the last line 'Record company people are shady'. Only this year have I seen celebs wearing Tshirts with this line.... pretty cool!

"If knowledge is the key then just show me the lock
Got the scrawny legs but I move just like Lou Brock
With speed. I'm agile plus I'm worth your while
One hundred percent intelligent black child
My optic presentation sizzles the retina
How far must I go to gain respect? Ummmm
Well, it's kind of simple, just remain your own
Or you'll be crazy sad and alone
Industry rule number four thousand and eighty:
Record company people are shady"

- Check the Rhime ("The Low End Theory" - A Tribe Called Quest, 1991)

These are the hip hop legends!

and finally............... Black is Black is Black is Black (The Jungle Brothers)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home