Monday, September 19, 2005

Run Em Run

I really don't think that I could be in ANY more pain than I am now. My legs are aching, wanting a soothing massage. I am also soooo tired, I can barely keep my eyes open. I'm dreaming about hitting my pillow and drifting off into darkness.....

Yesterday I ran in a 12km fun run. I was so happy to complete the run in 62 minutes seeing I had been pretty sick for the last few weeks. There were 3 wonderful moments through the run, amongst the pain. The first was at the half way mark, 6km. This is where the 6km entrants start their race. A little girl about 4 or 5 was so excited to see all the runners and gave me a wave and a smile. It was magical. At the 11km mark with 1 km to go, was the next lovely moment. I ran past the tram, only 2 hours earlier I'd hopped on the tram to get to the start of the race. I then realised I only had about 5 more minute of running to complete.

The final fantastic moment was about 200 metres from the finish, when my wonderful boyfriend yelled out 'well done Em, you're nearly there' (After he'd distracted me I nearly ran straight into the back of 4 wheelchair competitors......)

Afterwards we relaxed in our hotel room and I spent a lazy hour in the gorgeous spa overlooking the ocean. We then spent the afternoon drinking champagne and cocktails in the bar. And of course feasting on Mexican and having a few glasses of margarita to go with it! Go that Tequila!!!

I am now planning on going in some more fun runs as it is a wonderful feeling achieving something that you know is doing you good (maybe?!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Julia said...

Not sure if you got my email but I've been so hanging out to hear how it went, so thank you for the update! You've done so well and I'm extremely proud of you. Sounds like a superb way to recover too!

PS I found a blog you may like, www.movable-feast.com.

Wed Sep 21, 10:48:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

oh I didn't get the email Jules. Sorry! I'll email soon. You are such a sweetie!

Thanks for the blog too - that looks great!

Wed Sep 21, 07:21:00 PM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home