Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I am NOT Bride-zilla

I am getting married next April (14th) and I really am surprised at how ‘un’ bridey I am. I haven’t even started looking for a dress yet (although I do have appointments coming up at Steven Khalil (my 2nd dream behind J’Aton), Lisa Gowing, Karen Willis Holmes and Corston BridalI would love a Jenny Packham (fab British designer) dress from Helen Rodrigues but can’t justify paying 2.5x the price as it would cost me in London! Oh and Vera Wang is another dream, but again can’t justify it!

Anyway I have had offers galore from local friends who want to come with me bridal shopping but I just want to go it alone or with my mum who is coming to visit in September – yippee!!!!!!

Anyway – I have discovered some people have whole Wedding blogs/webpages – there is one hilarious blog I found which gives links for different members of the bridal party and a ‘password protected’ page – haha!. There is also a ‘FAQ’ section on this wedding webpage, haha – which gives answers to questions such as ‘Gift registry questions’, Are children allowed?’ And a link on each member of the bridal party..... I know I shouldn’t have posted it but I couldn’t help myself!

Some of these people think they are famous! I kinda like the idea of a page to jot ideas down – I’m not saying they are a bad thing but some people are definitely over the top! I just don’t seem to get the time to set up my own wedding blog and I’m really not that into the whole thing. Of course I’m so excited but I’m not going to get obsessed about it............... (watch this space..........)

Vera Wang - stunning

4 Comments:

Blogger Yaussie Girl said...

congrats on not being a bridezilla, some of those girls just get so crazy!
www.australiandreams.blogspot.com

Thu Aug 17, 12:31:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Mabs said...

That is one gorgeous dress!

I found an awesome blog 12 months ago by a girl in England who blogged about her wedding and preparations and then the first year of married life. It's brilliant and cannot remember what it's called! I'll have a look and let you know :)

Thu Aug 17, 07:45:00 AM GMT+10  
Blogger Julia said...

Just being a bridesmaid (end of October) is insight enough into the crazy world of bridezilladom. I had a 'committee meeting' the other night where I was taking notes. Sheesh! I applaud you for the way you see it, I like to think I'll be the same (if it ever happens).

Beautiful dress - you will be such a stunning bride (and I really do mean that).

Thu Aug 17, 01:14:00 PM GMT+10  
Blogger Em said...

Yaussie - yeah lots do get crazy!

yes Mabs definitely see if you can find it!

Jules - that is hilarious, a committee meeting!! haha and taking notes!

Fri Aug 18, 08:59:00 AM GMT+10  

Post a Comment

<< Home