Thursday, August 25, 2005

Weekends

Weekends are fabulous! I love getting all wrapped up in my weekends and savouring every moment.

Last weekend was a fine example. My lovely boyfriend was home for the week. So we spent a wonderful Saturday and Sunday together. Saturday we woke up early (I went for my regulatory run) and then we headed to the famous Adelaide Markets to do some shopping. These markets are a dream. I love walking through and soaking up the atmosphere. My tummy rumbles when I smell the sweet fresh baking of brioche bread and croissants. I plan the feast through my eyes........ king prawns, check; lobster, check; Kangaroo Island organic lamb, check; Ethipoian Mocha fresh coffee beans, check: And of course, all that cheese!!!! I am more excited over cheese than shoes! (Especially baked ricotta cheese from the Margaret River region)

yes I am a foodie! Now, where was I? Yes Ben and I went to the markets and filled our bags with fresh produce and then stopped for an espresso while reading the papers.

My dream Saturday morning.

Sunday it was my dear mother's birthday. We celebrated with a lunch at the oh so divine Woodstock Winery. The winery is hidden amongst the native trees, off the beaten track. It may be away from the hustle and the bustle of the city but they sure know how to cook!!! There is nothing better than a long Sunday lunch, crackling wood fire, and a few glasses of Shiraz with family. Oh and did I mention their sweet white dessert wines??? By golly they are fab! Woodstock Botrytis



ok enough about my weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home